12~30 Explained

Thankfulness

Graduating with my M.S. in Clinical Psychology

Balinese Women
 I think it's harder for me too add something in than take it away.  Adding in meditation and smoothies not only means I have to make a conscious choice, but it also requires me to make a conscious action.  Each day I've had the intention of starting my day with meditation, but instead I keep finding myself at night 'finally getting' to it.  There is definitely resistance for me to enter into stillness yet every time I do I feel more connected to myself and life. 

Me & Carmell
Me & Jonathan
Tonight I did something a little different::::: I repeated thank you for what felt like several minutes and as I did I saw flashes to different times in my life:: Hanging out with my mom and dad at the duck pond, When Jonathan was born, Tennis matches, deaths, friends faces, my sister and I talking about life, dancing around at Hidden Valley, the faces of the street vendors in Bali, The faces of the men and women in South Africa I spent time with, The classrooms in the Grad Psych building and all that came from that experience, My soul Arts group..........and on and on the flashes went.... I couldn't stop smiling.  I felt gratitude from deep within for how life has moved and created and shaped me.... There was no good or bad... there was simply deep gratitude and an openness of connection.  

At the end I raised my hands and said again Thank You::: I am honored to experience life!

Me, Mom, & Jonathan
It's actually amazing to me all that I experienced in those 15 min.  It was as if time didn't exist and there was a connection to life all at once.
Funkhouse Girls :)
What would happen if you repeated Thank You?
What could 15min of meditation open in YOU??

And a quick smoothie update:::: I'm experimenting each day::: today I had a spinach, banana, parsley, cucumber, blueberry, strawberry, pear smoothie :) loved it!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Definitely easier to abstain than embrace. Abstaining can be a simple matter of filling a void with a thought or spacious emotion, whereas embracing requires {action} yes! as well as {acceptance}. And I tend to experience resistance to basic acceptance, as if debate is a "normal" state of mind. Helloooo ego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two things:
    1. your mom looks exactly the same now as in that pic with you and jonathan.

    2. so interesting that you finally get to meditating at night, when you know it would start your day off so well for you if you did it in the morning. i am right there with you! it's hard to get going, even when you know you "should".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy: Thank You!! :)

    Renee: Action and acceptance indeed!!

    Kat: I'll tell my mom you said that, she'll be flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU for this post :-)

    Namaste~

    ReplyDelete