12~30 Explained

Month 1: Completed

 I thought in closing on the first chapter of the 12~30 experiment I'd share a couple statistics that I learned.  Did you know that About 17.6 million people in the United States-about one in every 12 adults-abuse alcohol or are alcoholic?!?!  It's amazing to me how many people are in need of numbing the pain... I mean it is and it isn't, right?!  And not to mention all the other millions of ways we choose to numb ourselves. Okay and this one really gets me :::Americans spend over $90 billion dollars total on alcohol each year.  I really am curious as to how much money in a year I spend on alcohol.  I can definitely say that my credit card bill is less for the month of January.


So now what???


well I'll continue to drink and enjoy my glasses of wine with a friend... but I'd like to spend the rest of this year being conscious of when I drink, how much I spend on alcohol, and also if I'm ever choosing to have it to numb something in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment